Here's where we get to spill our guts with phony questions!
(a.k.a. Windaria, Duonomiko)
1. What was the first MST3K you ever saw? The last hour of "King
Dinosaur" late one night on Comedy Central. I had to find out WHO the
hell these people were! My first full episode was "Ring of Terror"
which really hit home as I was in college at the time.
2. Favorite MST3K episodes? I adore "The Beatniks" for
its overall goofiness and great songs. But I love the faux-hipness
fun of the 60's anti-hero movies "Hellcats", "Wild Rebels"
and "Sidehackers." Sunshine, motorcycles, polyester, and huge
quantities of alcohol...makes life look like one long beer commercial.
3. Favorite Joel host segments? I enjoyed Joel's odd tangent in
"Secret Agent Super Dragon" (Oh babayyy, I killed that fat
barkeep). Also the gadding about and subtitles in "Cave Dwellers."
But my absolute favorite is still the Jet Jaguar Fight Song.
4. Favorite hobbies, movies, music, etc. Hobbies: Drawing, Aikido, anime,
writing, learning Japanese, neo-shamanism. Movies: Off-color comedies and Vietnam films. Music: German industrial and J-Rock.
5. Anything else you'd like people to know about you... I'm 29
years old, love cockatiels, hate graphic design (but can't do anything else), and am currently living in sin with a descendant of Sun Tzu. Really.
6. Waffles or pancakes? Pancakes. They've got these microwave
ones now, and they're not bad.
1. What was the first MST3K you ever saw? "Alien from
L.A." (when it was on MTV). My first episode I saw as a real
live MSTie was "Revenge of the Creature" when it debuted on the Sci Fi
2. What is your favorite MST3K episode? There's just so
many to choose from: Amazing Colossal Man, Eegah!, Manos:
The Hands of Fate, Monster A Go Go, Daddy-O, Legend of
the Dinosaur (KTMA), Hanger 18 (KTMA), Revenge of the
Creature, The Mole People...it's impossible to narrow it down!
3. Favorite Joel host segment? I like the "Wash and Wax
Day" at the beginning of Hercules Unchained, "Is Torgo really a
monster?" from Manos, the "I Know..." segment from
Operation Double 007, Joel dangling from the rafters in
"Tormented", the Porkarina invention exchange from "Eegah",
the blue screen driving segment from "Manos", turning Joel into
Arch Hall, Jr. from "Eegah"...there's just so many to choose
4. Favorite hobbies, movies, music, etc. Hobbies: photography, genealogy,
reading, watching my MST3K tapes. Movies: I love silent movies and (because of MST3K) I've
developed a fondness for those bad movies. Music: I love Bobby Darin, Brian Setzer, Patsy
Cline and I have a soft spot in my heart for 70's disco. Rap
and heavy metal are about the only things I can't stand.
5. Anything else you'd like people to know about you... I'm
33 years old and I love the challenge of finding out information that no one else can find.
I try to support our local Humane Society as often as possible and I'm gonna
be starting allergy shots this fall. Hopefully that'll let me finally have some
peace after 15 years of suffering!
Lastly, I firmly believe that Jim Hodgson needs to step out from his
brother's shadow and start his own website!
6. Waffles or pancakes? :) Pancakes...oh I blew it!